Coconut Jellies recipe
Last week I had some leftover tinned coconut milk after cooking a Pad Thai and to use it all up I made these super easy coconut jellies. This recipe is also suitable for vegans as I didn't use any gelatine but agar-agar (which is derived from algae) instead.
To make them you need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of agar-agar powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar (or any other sweetener you like)
- 1 tbsp rose water
- pinch of salt
And this is how its done:
Combine water, agar-agar, sugar, salt and coconut milk in a saucepan. Stir and let sit for approx. 10 minutes. Bring mixture to a boil, stir regularly. Reduce heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from stove and let cool off. Stir in rose water.
Now you can pour the mixture into silicone molds. Let them cool off and then refrigerate for approx. 30 minutes until they are set.
Enjoy this delicious, refreshing summer treats.
- Oct 1, 2017 Lemon cake recipe Oct 1, 2017
- Jun 11, 2017 Coconut Jellies recipe Jun 11, 2017
- Apr 9, 2017 Apple pie recipe Apr 9, 2017
- Mar 18, 2017 Amazing carrot cake recipe Mar 18, 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 24, 2017 Breakfast Muesli with Cardamom Jan 24, 2017