Delicious & Healthy Date scones
Looking for a delicious afternoon tea snack without added sugar? I got just the thing: healthy date scones.
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g coconut oil (not liquid)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1 egg
- 150ml rice milk or cows milk
This is how it's done:
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan forced). Firstly combine the baking powder and flour. Add the coconut oil and rub it into flour mixture. Secondly add the dates and mix them in.
In a separate bowl combine the lightly beaten egg and milk. Add the liquid mixture to the flour. Mix with a spatula (don't over mix). Knead the tough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
Roll out a 2cm thick dough and cut out the scones. Place scones on baking tray and brush with milk. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes.
Cool and enjoy with some butter or jam.
- Jun 11, 2017 Coconut Jellies recipe Jun 11, 2017
- Apr 9, 2017 Apple pie recipe Apr 9, 2017
- Mar 18, 2017 Amazing carrot cake recipe Mar 18, 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 24, 2017 Breakfast Muesli with Cardamom Jan 24, 2017