Cosmetic bag DIY
Here a cute little gift idea for your friends; a hand made cosmetic bag.
You will need:
- 35cm outside fabric (you can either use 1 colour or like I did cut out 2 different coloured pieces-just remember to add seam allowance so you can sew them together)
- 35cm fabric for lining
- 35cm interfacing to reinforce the fabric
- 20 cm zip
- sewing machine
- zipper foot
This is how it's done: Firstly draw the pattern for the cosmetic bag on a piece of paper.
Now you can cut 1 piece of interfacing, outside fabric and lining. As a next step iron the interfacing onto the wrong side of the outside fabric.
Firstly sew the zip upside down onto the right side of the outside fabric.
As a next step sew the lining onto the zip so that you end up with a sandwich of the outside fabric, zip and lining on top.
Now sew the other side of the outside fabric to the zip. Then sew the lining to the zip.
Sew up both sides of the bag but leave an opening on one of the sides to later turn the bag inside out.
Now sew the corners of the lining and the outside fabric closed.
Once the corners are closed you can turn the bag inside out through the opening in the side seam. To finish the bag off simply close the opening in the lining and you are done
- Apr 17, 2017 DIY for Table place cards Apr 17, 2017
- March 2017
- Feb 7, 2017 Cosmetic bag DIY Feb 7, 2017
- Dec 8, 2016 Christmas bunting Dec 8, 2016